The ontology of the taxonomy "European Skills, Competences, qualifications and Occupations".
The ontology considers three ESCO pillars (or taxonomy) and 2 registers.
The three pillars are:
- Skill (and competences)
For the construction and use of the ESCO pillars, the following modelling artefacts are used:
- Facetting support to specialize ESCO pillar concepts based on bussiness relevant Concept Groups (e.g. species, languages, ...)
- Conept Groups, Thesaurus array and Compound terms (as detailed in ISO 25964) to organize faceted concepts
- SKOS mapping properties to relate ESCO pillar concepts to concepts in other (external) taxonomies (e.g. FoET, ISCO88 and ISCO08. More mappings can be added in the future.)
- Tagging ESCO pillar concepts by other (external) taxonomies (NUTS, EQF, NACE, ...)
- Capture gender specifics on the labels of the ESCO pillar concepts
- Rich ESCO concept relationships holding a description and other specific characteristics of the relation between two ESCO pillar concepts.
ESCO maintains two additional registers:
- Awarding Body
- Work Context
Awarding Bodies typically are referenced by ESCO qualifications.
Occupations can have one or more work context. @en
(2019-10-03) Ghislain Atemezing: The ESCO ontology to model European Skills, Competences, Qualifications and Occupations. Note that content negotiation only retrieves application/rdf+xml serialization.